The Louis: Dress Like a King for Under $50
We took this month’s sock on a walk through Yorkville with style icon Radcliffe and learned how to look like a million bucks for under $50.
Copper x sand x dusk
Fact: Radcliffe never spends more than $50 on an article of clothing. Here’s how to do it and still look this good.
1. Love the sale rack.
The best times to shop sales:
- Tuesdays for men’s apparel online
- December 26th IRL if you can handle the crowds
- January for suits
- November and April for sneakers
- October for jeans
- Radcliffe's favourite times: Thursday daily markdowns at Banana Republic and Gap, Zara Sale (season sales 3x year and always online – not to mention free shipping and returns over $50)
2. Bespoke without breaking the bank.
Use the money you saved at the sale rack on tailoring. A perfect fit means no one will ever know that it’s clearance, not couture.
3. Find your fit.
Knowing which cuts flatter means not wasting time and money in the wrong places. Zara, Gap, and Banana Republic’s European-style slimmer cuts are Radciffe’s go-to’s.